Marketing and Supply Chain Analytics
MiSCAN is a new Marketing and Supply Chain Analytics lab located at DeGroote’s Ron Joyce Centre in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. It is funded by the Canada Foundation for Innovation and the Ontario Research Fund.
Utilizing the power of big data analytics, the lab will combine customer and supply chain information to generate actionable business intelligence. The aim is to inform strategic decisions spanning a number of business processes — from sourcing and operations management to marketing and customer relationship management.
- Conduct advanced research on big data in marketing and supply chain management
- Work with businesses to harness the power of data analytics, which will enable breakthrough insights via research and development
- Develop customized business solutions that use the power of data analytics to create and claim value
- Offer big data analytics testing and demonstrations with platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, R, SAP, IBM Analytics, KNIME, SAS, Tableau, GAMS and Matlab
- Collaborate with businesses to create platforms for shared analytics. For example, the sharing of telematics data from trucks to coordinate fuel efficiency and backhaul utilization among carriers and shippers
- Build data pipelines and repositories for supply chains and distribution channels. For example, creating a marketplace for big data among different supply chain partners that can be used individually or collectively to resolve channel conflicts
- Offer big data benchmarking to diagnose supply chain processes and prescribe solutions
- Train graduate students to become highly-qualified data scientists that will help businesses through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques